The Charities Regulator is hosting a series of regional meetings around Ireland this Autumn to meet charity trustees. The first of these meetings takes place at the Tower Hotel in Waterford city on 26 September.
“This is an opportunity for our staff to meet charity trustees, explain some of the guidance documents we have produced and answer questions which trustees have,” Charities Regulator Chief Executive John Farrelly said.
The topics that will be covered at the meetings will include some of the guidance that the Charities Regulator has produced over the last 12 months. This was developed in response to common issues that the Charities Regulator’s compliance staff have identified through their work with charities.
Topic items will be included such as:
- the roles and responsibilities of charity trustees;
- internal financial controls;
- managing conflicts of interest;
- charity registration, and
- the proposed accounting and reporting regulations.
There will also be time to take questions from the floor. There will be senior staff from the Charities Regulator available on the night.
“We are firmly committed to supporting good people to do good work. If you have any queries, this is the time to ask them. We would be happy to engage with people on the night.”
- To book a place for the meeting in the Tower Hotel, Waterford on 26 September from 7pm – 9pm, click here to register.
- To book a place for the meeting in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone on 4 October from 7pm – 9pm, click here to register.
- To book a place for the meeting in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Rosses Point, Sligo on 10 October from 7pm – 9pm, click here to register.
- To register for the meeting in the Clayton Hotel, Limerick on 24 October from 7pm – 9pm, click here to register.
For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Eamon Timmins, Head of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, at 01-6331517 or 087-7520978, or Carmel O’Donohoe, Communications Manager, at 01-6331528