Skip to Main Content



How to find information or assistance on matters not included in the Charity Services Unit section.

If you have a query relating to Charities Acts 1961 and 1973 applications that is not addressed in this section or in the FAQ section of our website, you may contact us using the Query Form on the 'Contact Us' page.  Select 'Charity Services' from the drop down list under 'Category', or email 

Please refer to the Registered Charity Number (RCN) of the charity in respect of which you are enquiring.  You may search for the RCN here:  Search the Register

If you have a technical query regarding MyAccount, please consult the infographics on our FAQs page or
MyAccount Technical User Guide.

If your query relates to an existing application, please contact us using the messaging service in MyAccount , by replying to an existing message relating to your application in your inbox. You must quote your five digit Submission Reference (SR) number in all correspondence. The SR number can be found in the “My Filings” section of your portal.

The guidance on this website is issued by the Charities Regulator under section 14(1)(i) of the Charities Act 2009 to encourage and facilitate the better administration and management of charitable organisations. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, a definitive statement of the law and it does not constitute legal advice. The guidance is not a substitute for professional advice from an appropriately qualified source. The Charities Regulator recommends that charity trustees consult their governing document and obtain their own independent legal advice where necessary. The Charities Regulator accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the information on this website or in any guidance document published on it.


Below are questions that we often receive. We recommend that the information here is read in conjunction with the main sections on the relevant topics.